Be My Eyes
Bringing Sight to the Blind and Visually Impaired
How can you use Be My Eyes?
There are many situations where a pair of friendly eyes can be helpful for those with visual impairments, and Be My Eyes is used to solve a wide range of daily tasks – no request is too big or too small! You can request help 24/7, as we connect you based on time zones and language – for example, if you speak English and is based in the US and need assistance in the middle of the night, then we will connect you to an English speaking helper in England, Australia or another country where it is daytime.
People are always coming up with creative ways to use Be My Eyes. The following list provides examples of some different ways that you can use the Be My Eyes app:
- Finding lost items
- Describing pictures, paintings or other artwork.
- Matching or explaining colors
- Reading labels on household products
- Reading on computer screens if websites are inaccessible or screen readers are not available
- Shopping in supermarkets and stores
- Identifying the expiration date on perishable food packages
- Familiarizing yourself with new locations
- Distinguishing between products (Canned foods, shampoos, and soaps, spices etc.)
- Determining if lights are turned on or off
- Finding out when public transportation (busses, trains, etc.) are departing or arriving
- Resolving electrical or technical issues
Right now there are over half a million sighted helpers in the Be My Eyes community who are ready and willing to assist you.
Remember that Be My Eyes is FREE no matter how much you use it.